Michael A. Zimmer, MD, FACP
Michael A Zimmer MD FACP received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. He completed General Surgery Internship; Preliminary Residency at University of Medicine; Dentistry of New Jersey. He then completed Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at the Columbia University Hospital Morristown Memorial. He started private practice in 1996. As Past Governor of the Florida Chapter of the American College of Physicians, Dr. Zimmer served from April 2010-2014. Dr. Zimmer also served as an executive board member of the Florida Medical Association Electronic Medical Record Committee and President of South Pinellas Trust Malpractice Insurance Executive Board. Dr. Zimmer serves on the Florida Delegation to the American Medical Association. He also is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine.
Dr. Zimmer's practice is forward thinking and provides the team valuable access to information and tools needed to treat patients effectively. The practice is a leader in the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and currently is one of a few early adopters of EMR in 2002.
Dr. Zimmer is board certifified in Internal Medicine.
- Internal Medicine,Columbia University, Morristown Memorial Hospital, July 1993 - June 1996
- Surgical Assistant, Raritan Bay Medical Center, January - June 1993
- General Surgery, University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, July 1989 - January 1993
- Medical Degree, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, September 1985 - June 1989
- Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Temple University, August 1986
Dr. Zimmer was Governor of the Florida Chapter of the American College of Physicians from 2010 - 2014. Dr. Zimmer serves on the FMA delegation to the American Medical Association. He also served as President of South Pinellas Trust Malpractice Insurance Executive Board. He also is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of South Florida School of Medicine.