What to Expect on Your First Visit
Our medical doctors devote a great deal of time getting to know you. At your first visit you will spend one to one-and-a-half hours with him and his team exploring your medical history, family background, and work experience, as well as doing your physical exam, and performing whatever blood tests or diagnostic tests are needed through our in-house ICAEL Accredited Certified Lab. Before your visit is over your doctor will develop a long-range plan for you that address any immediate problems you may have. He also will discuss how to minimize future health-related problems.
More over, our practice is readily available to help you with any new issues that arise after your visit or to help with problems that require ongoing attention. Every year he will re-assess your health status, review the screening tests you need, and adjust your fitness plan. Over time you may develop high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, diabetes, asthma, anxiety, depression, or other medical conditions. As a general internist Dr. Zimmer is well equipped to manage all of these problems and to coordinate the care you may need from a wide range of specialists.
What to bring to your first visit:
We look forward to caring for you and your family. To make your first visit with us as quick and comfortable as possible, it is important to:
- Bring your insurance card or cards.
- Bring a valid picture ID.
- Have your records forwarded to our office by downloading a Medical Records Release Form below from our patient's forms area.
- Fill out your new patient forms which you can download below from our "Patient Forms" area.
- Bring your current medication bottles.
- Come 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.